November 30, 2008

Engaged!



We're engaged! Last night, after a long evening with my family, Diana got down on one knee and said the sweetest words I've ever heard. Of course the second she got down on her knee my mind went fuzzy. I wish I'd installed that secret web cam so I could record forever those heart-felt words. Then she pulled out my Grandmother's engagement ring and all I could say was "are you for real?" She said yes as she pulled out another ring and asked me to marry her. I immediately started to cry. And continued crying for the next several hours. I had to be prompted to say yes (even though I was already wearing the ring). It's still so surreal...we've been talking about it for months, but now to be engaged. Now that D is my fiance, my whole world is different.

We're planning a long engagement, November 2010. We have a lot to accomplish in the next 2 years, and it doesn't seem right to get married until we've taken care of those things. Now I'm on the mission for the perfect wedding that fits our dream and our budget.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both of you! Love you both!
Shani

Unknown said...

YAY!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you. Sarah, you haven't aged a bit!

Unknown said...

hmm, i thought that would have my name. okay its jenn.

Anonymous said...

Congrats lady!!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys!

Amanda said...

Congratulations! Best wishes to the two of you!